2009/08/19

Trip to Japan, 3. The Sunroute Hotel

It was not until we arrived the Sunroute Hotel that I started to admire the place. The street the hotel was located on wasn't one of the big, wide, major street, hence the crowd and traffic were both relatively limited. The hotel had a loading/unloading area of its own (unlike some hotels that require you to do so at the curbside; well, this may probably due to the fact that the street was not wide), and it also had shuttle services to the Narita International Airport. The price was about the same as riding NEX. Now I had another option to ride back to the airport.

Upon entering the hotel, the lobby looked nice and neat, with proper decorations. There were a few people sitting in the lobby, apparently checked in already. Since I was going to have a room of my own, I walked up to the counter and started to check in. The process is pretty smooth, except that I asked for a non-smoking room, and it took a little while for the hotel personnel to get me through that. Although my check-in was relatively smooth, it took a short while for the whole group to complete the process. Then, we head up to our own rooms. Oh, before that, we picked a time for everyone to meet downstairs a bit later to go out and have our dinner.

Upon entering my room, I could only say... Small. When I opened the door and stepped in, the first thing I encountered was a tiny cloth hanging space (it wasn't even qualified to be a closet in my standard) on my right hand side, followed by the washroom, which is actually of the decent-size standard. After that, against the wall to the washroom, is the full-size bed, and then a counter acting as both TV standard and desk. There were also two pajamas placed on the bed. Never really wore any pajama for sleep, I thought to myself, "Hmm... I'll try those tonight..."

After I have placed my luggage and pulled out my notebook computers (yea, I brought two...), I hooked up with the Internet, and the process was easily done. The computer had to go through some kind of firewall scanning to ensure that it's save and not infected with virus. I went online, and sent some messages out. Checked the time and thought, "Hmm... Still too early to call home..." Then I decided to call afterward. Surfed and chatted a bit, then it was about time to go downstairs. So, I stood up and went down to meet the gang.

No comments:

Post a Comment